- Global Recycling Day 17.03.2023
- Cleenol Sponsors HRC... 03.03.2023
- London Cleaning Show... 03.03.2023
- It's our birthday! 03.03.2023
- World Toilet Day... 14.11.2022
Cleenol Delivers COSHH Awareness Training
First published 21.12.2019
COSHH (Control of substances Hazardous to Health Regulations) objectives are to prevent, or adequately control exposure to substances that are hazardous to health. An employer must assess the risks from those hazardous substances to their employees and others, before any work with that hazardous substance commences.
Substances that might be harmful:
- Chemicals and products containing chemicals
- Fumes, mists and vapours
- Biological Agents (i.e. bacteria)
- Risk assessments
- Engineering control measures
- Information, instruction and training
- Monitoring and health surveillance
- Planning for emergencies
Our three measures
To ensure constant adherence to the requirements of COSHH we focus on the following fundamental principles:
1. Understanding the health hazards of the hazardous substances that we use and the supply of Safety data Sheets which are available via our website portal for all of our products..
2. Eliminating or reducing the risks associated with handling and storage of hazardous substances with the provision of engineering control measures and personal protective equipment..
3. Educating, instructing and training all staff on the risks and the measures we undertake to control any hazards. Records of this training are kept on file.
To provide a clear picture that our control measures remain effective, we have implemented constant monitoring and health surveillance systems.
Planning for emergencies
Planning for emergencies is something that is essential for all businesses, but needs special consideration when harmful substances are concerned. Continual training and development regarding COSHH is something that we at Cleenol are pleased to offer our customers. As a result, in late 2018, we launched a website dedicated to online COSHH Awareness training.
Initially rolled out to select customers to get feedback and test our course for usability, the response has been overwhelmingly positive. We are now rolling this out to all our customers – an online training portal that allows employers to not only deliver training remotely, but also record progress, so the course can be completed whenever is most suitable.
COSHH Awareness training can now occur as and when is most appropriate for the needs of your staff, but also for your business. Progress is automatically saved, so users can pick up where they finished in the last session.
We have 1300 active users and the number is growing each week! Make sure your staff are up to date with their COSHH Awareness training with Cleenol.
Find out more by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org